is an global player who has developed a subscription-based software that so far has gained the trust of a few international corporations as well the academia, e.g. Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Harvard’s Labs. Currently present in 19 countries the plans are to expand globally. What they offer is great quality and innovative approach to programming and business development.
Currently the technology team based in the centre of Warsaw looks for a
Ruby-on-Rails Developer - Mid/Senior
remote (or office based) role
about the role
Your first and main task will be to continuously work on improvement of our core software by implementing new features (yes, they foremostly built new features rather than maintain existing ones), making current ones better and fixing any bugs, glitches and errors.
All maintenance tasks are limited to the bare minimum as Heroku provides most resources and solutions suiting our needs out-of-the-box. You will be expected to keep a healthy approach to obstacles in your way. It is up to your judgement to decide if a problem warrants an immediate resolution or is something that can be postponed. Delivering partial results is significantly better than no results at all.
what is expected:
You are a professional with at least 3 years of commercial experience in the Ruby on Rails.
You like to be around people, you understand them, can communicate assertively and at the same time you are goal-oriented, self-driven and highly-motivated person.
- have skills and track record of developing applications in Ruby on Rails
- are experienced with PostgreSQL / Redis
- have some frontend skills (Vuejs is an added value)
- have experience with Git and GitHub (experience with Heroku is a plus)
- can choose the right technological solution for a business problem and justify its choice
- are used to testing code before deployment (writing unit tests and testable code) - RSpec, FactoryBot, Rubocop
- are passionate about IoT, innovation and not only writing code but developing a product
- are communicating in English at C1 level (starting at least B2); if you’re bilingual it’s an asset
It’s nice if you also:
- have startup and international markets experience
- are passionate about software products and programming
- are not afraid of ambitious challenges
- are proactive and with a mindset always striving to improve Client’s experience and processes
what is offered:
- Working in a small agile team, so your voice counts a lot
- Full time employment contract or B2B
- Starting compensation 17 000 PLN - 20 000 PLN gross (or 17 000 PLN - 22 000 PLN net + VAT on B2B)
- Training/conference budget
- Multisport card
- Monthly massages
- Private medical care (family or individual plan; Medicover)
- Laptop as your working tool (Apple devices - MacBook Pro, 2 x 24-inch displays)
- Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises every year based on performance